Friday, October 31, 2008

Esprit d' Escalier Strikes Again

So tonight I was heading to the Justin Townes Earle show at a local church. This church has a sprawling campus and it was dark and I was trying to find my way. When I pulled in the parking lot I was surprised to see ..nothing. No cars at all. I did spy a map though so I stepped out of the car to look and was startled by a man walking out of the shadows-it was Justin himself. I recognized him immediately (and what a long tall drink of water he is). He nodded and said, "Hey" and, though my mind was racing, chattering squirrel like "holy crap it's him holy crap it's him holy crap it's him" I said..nothing. Now I can think of any number of witty rejoiners:

"Your CD means so much to me, thank you."
or
"Your CD was the first one I played in my new place."
or
"Happy Halloween."
or
even "Hi."

but then..nothing.

AAAGGGGHHHH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters