Friday, October 17, 2008

Ernest Tubb is Not My Boyfriend

Why the clarification? Well, my keys are on an Ernest Tubb keychain (given to me when my friends Les & Lisa moved to Nashville) and every time I need to surrender them-car dealership, hardware store wherever-the person will inevitably ask, "Is that your boyfriend?"

I mean every time.

What is up with that? I know it's a joke (Ernest Tubb has been dead since 1984, not that I think that people are actually recognizing his picture) but why don't they say "Is that your grandfather?" or "Friend of yours?" Why go for the boyfriend?

It's not that I don't like Ernest Tubb-he was a true country pioneer, a great American success story and yes, I do know the words to "Walking the Floor Over You" his biggest hit, but let me categorically say, for the record, Ernest Tubb is NOT my boyfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters