Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What's Up Hollywood?

Hollywood is really bugging me this week. First, it was "Feast of Love" (see "Where's the A2 Love?") then today I read that Josh Hartnell has been cast as the sheriff in the movie version of the vampire graphic novel I love, "30 Days of Night". (see "Roles to Play")

Josh Hartnell?! Really?

Now I only lived in Alaska for 2 years but I find it impossible to believe that the people of Barrow, AK would elect Josh Hartnell dogcatcher much less sheriff. And after suffering through "Hollywood Homicide" (I swear it was the only thing on) and "The Black Dahlia" I feel pretty confident that he does not have the stuff to realistically play a law enforcement official of any stripe.

This book has the potential to make a great movie but now, because of this boneheaded casting decision, I'm more fearful than excited.

1 Comments:

Blogger hellokitty9276 said...

when i saw the book tonight at borders, i was all kinds of pissed. this is just goofy. but, at least our girl selma is in the film. she is a michigander. maybe they thought that was close enough.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters