Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Trendy Tadpoles, Ready Made

Can I just say how much I love Ready Made magazine? Since the untimely demise of Budget Living, it is now my favorite magazine read. It is so optimistic and cheerful. Though I have yet to actually make anything from it's hip DIY pages I like knowing that I could. (Or could with help, depending on the project.) I also like to ponder it's monthly McGuyver Challenge where readers are asked to create something new and cool from some common leftover item (toilet paper roll, Altoids container and the like). Again I haven't actually participated but I am always thinking about it...

A new feature in the latest issue is a section highlighting artists and websites that might be of interest to the Ready Made reader. Since I normally read the ads in the back with a Post It to gather new sites for trendy trolling this is a welcome innovation indeed.

My new favorite find, perhaps because I am hoping there will be need of it for a new family member (painful past experiences bred coyness) is www.trendytadpole.com which has some of the most fun kid stuff I've seen. A onesie that says "I Love Johnny Cash"? The Drool Monster t-shirt? The Old School one with a diaper pin? How could you choose just one?

And of course, it would be no surprise to my staff that I want the " P is for Pony" one for myself, if only it was in my size. (Every time I get called in the back for a delivery my stock question is "Is it my pony?" And yes, I am the funny manager.)

So if you find yourself in need of a one of kind gift or just want a good "awwww" check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters