Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving again and once again I am thinking of the Pilgrims. Risking everything for a crappy boat ride and the promise, just a promise mind you there were no guarentees in 1620, of something better. I don't agree with their religious beliefs but I admire that can do spirit greatly.

But mostly on Thanksgiving I think of the song "Thanksgiving" and how every year it always seems apt to me (what is it about November?).

"Somehow I find myself
far out of lines
from the ones I had drawn
wasn't the best of paths
you could attest to that
but I'm keeping on

would our paths cross
if every great loss had turned out a gain?
would our paths cross
if the pain it had cost us was paid in vain?

there was no pot of gold
hardly a rainbow
lighting my way
but I will remain true
to those red, black and blues
that colored those days

I owe my soul to each fork in the road
to each misleading sign
cause even in solitude
no bitter attitude
can dissolve my sweetest find

Thanksgiving for every wrong move
that made it right"

-Poi Dog Pondering

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters