Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Heart Me Some Keith O

If I wasn't already a fan, hearing Keith Olberman's "Special Comment" Monday regarding California's Prop 8 would have made me one. As it is, hearing him say what I was feeling about it so clearly and passionately caused me to both cheer and draft an immediate marriage proposal. He basically hit my two beefs with Prop 8 supporters on the head. Namely:

1) What's it to you? Your rights aren't being curtailed in any way so why do you care?

and

2) No matter your personal belief system, in a world that too frequently seems too dark, how is it ever right to come down on the side againest love?

Of course, these points were made much more eloquently by him (he is a the TV professional after all). If you didn't see it, no matter what side you are on, I encourage you to check it out online. Jouranlism with such heart and fire deserves, no, demands, to be heard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Ball said...

Hi Sam,

Couldn't agree more about KO's piece. Brilliant and heartfelt.

Hey, update your email so you get my column again. You'll like the last couple.

REALLY sorry I missed your going away party - I was in Philadelphia pitching Lost Voices.

- mike

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters