Friday, August 29, 2008

Wild Politics from the Last Frontier

I have been ODing on the political coverage this week-like the Olympics I love the DRAMA of it all. I love the convention people all in a bother in their funny hats and the cable TV press teams all stumbling over themselves to make their points. And I love it today that I feel like I, the Hoyden, have a special insight. Not only have I actually heard of Wasilla, Alaska I've been there. I lived in Alaska for 2 years and can say, as a person who worked retail there, that Alaskans, native, Native or transplants, are independent thinkers with strong opinions. That's why they are attracted to and love such a wild place. As a people they speak plainly and aren't afraid to take a stand. So for that reason I say if a 'maverick' is what John McCain was looking for, picking an Alaskan almost guarantees you'll get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters