Monday, August 11, 2008

Moneypenny vs the Ring Girl

I have been applying for jobs like mad in the last month or so but of the 17 jobs I have applied for through Craigslist (yeah, it's so 21st century) the one I was most intruiged by was one I was least qualified for. Last week in the etc category (the etc jobs are always the best) there was an ad for a ring girl. You know, the girls at a boxing match who walk around the ring in a bikini between rounds with the round number signs..yeah, them.

I SO wanted to apply. How fabulously fun to have that on your resume!

Now I'm quite sure it's one of those jobs that's more fun to consider doing than to actually do-I bet ring girls don't get a 401k plan and it's for damn sure I'm not well, endowed, for the job. As I have claimed here before one of the many ways the world can be divided is into Bond Girls and Moneypennys and I am so a Moneypenny. And you really don't want a Moneypenny prancing around in a gold lame bikini. Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters