Friday, July 18, 2008

To The Lady at the Crestwood Rest Stop

Hoyden on the Road

Thanks. I was the girl in the rest stop bathroom today changing and putting my makeup on cause, well, a phone booth just wasn't big enough and you can't drive 6 hours in your best dress and still look fresh at the end especially when you're as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. And when the dress in question (a black Lucky sheer number with beautiful tan embroidery and sassy neck tassles) does not breathe at all but you're bound and determined to wear it anyway even though it's 90+ degrees out there's also the "I'm long past simply glowing" point.

Hence the Superwoman-like changing in the bathroom.

And, as I was nervously putting my makeup on, in real danger of putting my eye out with the mascara wand, you emerged to wash your hands and said, in your friendly smoked drawl, "Honey, whatever it is that is a great dress."

And suddenly, whammo, I felt better.

So thanks. I needed that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence said...

I wish I was on the road. I've got wanderlust bad.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters